Sally Evans – Relationship Therapist
Working with me
We can only thrive individually (and, as a consequence, collectively) when we feel safely connected to significant other. I believe in the profound healing that intimate relationships can offer us, helping us survive and thrive in this difficult world. A secure emotional dependency with our loved one is not immature or pathological. Rather, it is our greatest strength. This is one of the principal reasons I am so passionate about couples counselling.
I believe firmly in our ability to overcome life’s relationship difficulties when provided with a down to earth, warm and compassionate approach. This is enhanced when underpinned by evidence-based therapeutic work such as EFT.
With over fifteen years’ experience as a relationship therapist, I can help you understand what is happening between and within each of you when you feel hurt by one another.
Our work together will help you both feel safe, secure and close again. Hundreds of my clients have rediscovered happiness and a loving connection through the work we have done together.
I worked in San Francisco for ten years as a psychotherapist, counsellor, group facilitator, supervisor and trainer within an inner-city hospital. Throughout the 1990s, I supported those living and dying with HIV/AIDS and their families (chosen and biological) for a decade. Since returning to the UK, I have most recently worked with Relate across Sussex.
I hold a Master degree in Counselling Psychology, having specialised as a Marriage and Family Therapist in California. This has given me extensive and intensive experience and relationship training. In addition, I hold certification through Relate, the UK’s largest provider of relationship support.
My job is to help you both understand how you got to where you are in your relationship and to work through the issues you are struggling with; communication, infidelity, intimacy. From here, you can learn how to forgive and heal. Through this process, one I am experienced in, committed to and passionate about, you will rediscover trust and strengthen the bond between you.
If you are ready for things to be better in your relationship, please contact me.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Core Skills Advanced Training
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Relate Certification in Individual and Couples Relationship Therapy
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California No.78388
- MA in Counselling Psychology, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, University College London
- BA Hons Social and Political Sciences, Cambridge University
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)